Updated 08.06.2020 9:00am
As of August 6, 2020 Noah’s Ark has announced it will be closed for the remainder of the 2020 summer season.
Updated 06.24.20 3:29pm
Noah’s Ark is now open! We were informed today that they are a variety of Tuesday’s they will not be open for training, enhanced sanitizing and enhanced cleaning of the parks. PLEASE be sure to check Noah’s Ark website for updated information to be sure they are open the day you plan to visit. Thank you! Here is a link for their calendar. CALENDAR
Updated 06.09.2020 2:00pm
As of June 20, 2020, Noah’s Ark will open and we will include wristbands to our guests. Noah’s Ark will be closed on Tuesdays until July 20th. Noah’s Ark looks a little different this year so please visit the link below for the most up to date information. Our frequently asked questions page also gives more details about Noah’s Ark passes and how it works at our hotel. Here is the link for Noah’s Ark. CLICK HERE
OPEN May 20, 2020
Updated 05.19.20 1:11pm
We are opening tomorrow, May 20, 2020. With that said, we will not be offering full breakfast or full bar service at this time, but we will have packaged food and beverage items for sale in the lobby. Pools will be open immediately, indoor and outdoor. The safety of our guests is our main concern. We are still waiting to hear from Noah’s Ark on their future opening date! For further information please call us directly at 608.253.6606. Or email us at [email protected] We look forward to seeing you all very soon and making memories together!
Updated 05.13.20 8:29pm
We are planning to open on May 20, 2020. With that said, we will not be offering breakfast or bar service at this time, due to COVID19. Pools will be open immediately. Safety of our guests is our main concern. We are still waiting to hear from Noah’s Ark on their future opening date! For further information please call us directly at 608.253.6606. Or email us at [email protected] We look forward to seeing you all very soon and making memories together!
Updated 03.18.2020 9:25am
We do have staff in the hotel Monday – Friday from 7am to 3pm to answer calls and assist our guests in any way. Please call us directly at 608.253.6606. Or email us at [email protected]
Updated 03.16.20 1:39pm
STAYS WITH ARRIVALS FROM MARCH 16TH, 2020 THROUGH APRIL 1ST, 2020
The closure will be effective Monday, March 16, 2020. For all guests with reservations from the evening of March 16 through April 1, we will automatically cancel your reservation and provide a full refund.
Please be patient with us, as with the number of reservations that need to be canceled, it may take 7-10 days before we’re able to process all refunds.
This is an unprecedented and challenging time, and we are very appreciative of the overwhelming support from families like yours who enjoy spending time together at our resort. We look forward to welcoming you back after we re-open and hope to help your family create more fun-filled moments.
STAYS WITH ARRIVALS FROM APRIL 1ST THROUGH APRIL 30, 2020
We are looking forward to re-opening and hosting you. However, we realize families may have concerns about traveling at this moment and we want to provide you the flexibility to modify your stay. For any bookings with arrivals through April 30th, you will be able to apply your deposit to any future stay at The Atlantis Hotel up through December 31, 2020.
At the Atlantis Family Waterpark Hotel, the safety of our guests and staff has always been our top priority.
We have been working closely with the Sauk County Department of Public Health and we are monitoring the CDC’s real-time updates on the status of the COVID-19 virus.
We are open, and we are taking a number of stringent precautionary measures to address the coronavirus concerns and to help ensure the health, safety, and well-being of everyone at our hotel. These measures include, but are not limited to:
- Strict cleanliness & disinfection procedures. This effort includes frequent deep cleaning of all common areas, waterparks, and attractions throughout the resort with an increased focus on doors, handles, chairs, windows, public restrooms, elevators, luggage carts, keypads, pens, countertops, phones, arcade games, and all high traffic areas with medical-grade cleaners and disinfectants. These same cleaners and disinfectants are also used by our housekeeping staff in all guest rooms with an increased focus on handles, faucets, phones, switches, and remotes.
- Hand washing and sanitizing stations. We’ve added more hand sanitizer locations around the hotel for both guests and employees. In addition, our staff has also been advised on the importance of frequent and proper 20 second-hand washing throughout the day. We believe that following this simple step alone can decrease the chance of illness and the spreading of disease.
- Mandated use of gloves by some staff has also been implemented.
We also received this information from the CDC’s Waterborne Disease Prevention Branch: “Can the COVID-19 virus spread through pools and hot tubs?”
“There is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools and hot tubs. Proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection (e.g., with chlorine and bromine) of pools and hot tubs should remove or inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19.” (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/php/water.html)
To this end, we have always worked diligently to ensure the proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection of our pools and slides and will continue to do so.
If you currently have reservations with our property, please note that we have enhanced our cancellation policy through March 31, 2020
You can reschedule your reservation without a fee. New rates may apply on future dates; however, you will not lose any of your paid deposit.
- If you choose to cancel your reservation outside 72 hours of your scheduled arrival date, you may do so with only a $20 fee or Atlantis Family Waterpark Hotel will refund your entire deposit in the form of a gift certificate.
- If you are inside 72 hours of your scheduled arrival date, Atlantis Family Waterpark Hotel will refund your entire deposit in the form of a gift certificate which can then be applied toward a future stay within a year.
It’s important to remember that we ALL play a role in reducing the likelihood of a coronavirus outbreak and we are encouraging everyone to practice healthy hygiene such as washing your hands.
Please remember and share these helpful tips:
- Avoid coughing or sneezing in your hands or in the air. Instead, carry and use a tissue and immediately throw the tissue away. If you don’t have a tissue, use the crook of your elbow.
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth, and nose as much as possible.
- Reschedule your visit if anyone in your family is feeling sick.
- Staying informed with factual information by visiting the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) website, which includes needing to know information from symptoms, prevention, and FAQS, as well as the state Department of Health Services website. We appreciate your business and we are committed to following the recommendations from health authorities to give you peace of mind as you visit our properties.
Updated as of 03.13.2020